crappy zine club
Welcome to crappy zine club!
Only the finest crappy zines, delivered monthly from NYC.
How this works:
- Submit your address to get on the mailing list.
- You'll get about one zine per month, from now through the end of 2019. (Check your mail!)
- There's no set price. Venmo me whatever you'd like.
Some questions you might have:
What is a zine?
- It's a home-made, photocopied, mini magazine thing.
Why are you doing this, exactly?
- I want to make tangible things and share them with friends.
Why are you calling this project "crappy?" Isn't that a bad thing?
- Because I'm bored with the current trend towards digital perfection. I want to recapture the sense of playfulness and non-preciousness that the early web and zine culture both share.
Can I make a zine, too?
- Sure! Here's one template to start with, and here's how to assemble it. You can even send me a digital copy of your zine if you'd like for me to include it in future Crappy Zine Club mailings!
What are your zines about?
- Um, tbd? Expect some sharpie art, salad dressing recipes, copy/pasted stuff I like, and other detritus that I pick up along the way.
Created by Julie, with ❤️ from NYC